Parents know that the best educational toys for kids can actually go far when it comes to playing time and learning. Kids are often looking forward to playing their favorite games and learning at the same time with these toys. But there are thousands of such toys to choose from and it can actually be a bit confusing to find the right toys for a child’s mental development. Some of the following toys can even be a good fit for different kids with different areas of interest. Some kids might like to learn the alphabet on their own while others express their creativity through the building and putting things together.
- Top 30 Best Educational Toys for Kids 2022
- 1. LeapFrog Scribble and Write Tablet
- 2. Viahart Brain Flakes 500 Piece Interlocking Plastic Disc Set
- 3. Educational Insights Design & Drill Activity Center
- 4. Alex Toys Craft My First Sewing Kit
- 5. ThinkFun Gravity Maze Marble Run Logic Game and STEM Toy
- 6. The Learning Journey: Match It! Spelling
- 7. Kidzlane Color Matching Egg Set - Toddler Toys
- 8. VTech Touch and Teach Word Book
- 9. Idoot Magnetic Blocks Building Set for Kids
- 10. SmartLab Toys Smart Circuits Games & Gadgets Electronics Lab
- 11. Magnetic Drawing Board Mini Travel Doodle
- 12. Ehome Toddler Musical Instruments
- 13. IQ Builder Building Toy Set
- 14. Educational Insights Geosafari Jr. My First Microscope
- 15. Munchkin Mozart Magic Cube
- 16. Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube Classic Wooden Toy
- 17. ETI Toys Educational Construction Engineering Building Blocks Set
- 18. VTech Touch and Learn Activity Desk Deluxe
- 19. Skoolzy Rainbow Counting Bears with Matching Sorting Cups
- 20. iPlay, iLearn Construction Worker Costume Role Play Kit
- 21. Learning Resources Spike The Fine Motor Hedgehog
- 22. LeapFrog LeapTV Educational Gaming System
- 23. Rolimate Wooden Educational Shape Color Recognition Geometric Board Block
- 24. Emido Building Blocks
- 25. Buckle Toy "Buddy" Backpack
- 26. Melissa & Doug Fashion Design Activity Kit
- 27. Back 2 Nature Outdoor Toy Set
- 28. Cheers Dance Robot Toys for Kids
- 29. Cudny Magnetic Cube
- 30. Melissa & Doug See & Spell Learning Toy
- Final words
Top 30 Best Educational Toys for Kids 2022
Practically, kids have the freedom of learning on their own and by the time they get to school, they will already know how to read and write letters and numbers. The pre-school skills might not be too appealing with the classic pen and paper approach. It is why the technological approach with the shining lights can prove to be a better alternative to guide a child’s first steps into learning.
- Made with a friendly design
- Attracts attention with lights
- Allows kids to learn at their own pace
- Encourages handwriting
- Needs 3 AA batteries
From building a house to shaping a flower, the interlocking disc set is one of the easiest to comprehend. It has creative freedom which is nearly unmatched. Teaching kids spatial thinking, it creates unique 3D models and it can also be one of the stress relieving games parents can play with their kids after a long day at work.
- Contains with 500 disks
- Discs have different colors
- Meets safety standard regulations
- Ships with a storage bucket
- Young hands might struggle taking discs apart
As one of the popular educational toys on the market, it is also one of the toys which are available in multiple options. A white and a see-through board are available at the moment. But kids will also be able to follow directions simply by playing with the bolts. If they can screw the bolts as they wish, they also have planned printed cards for them to follow included in the game. This means kids will need to follow directions, to plan ahead and to execute. All of these are essential skills later on in the school system.
- Made with large durable parts
- Board available in white and transparent options
- Suitable for STEM development
- Included activity cards
- Could use a storage bag
There are 28 felt shapes, embroidery floss, various fabrics, and scissors in the set. Kids can sew their own toys from scratch and create their own designs without limitations. The sewing kit is also easily paired with various fabrics around the house such as those from old t-shirts to offer kids even more creative freedom.
- Includes fabric
- Ships with 28 felt shapes
- Included measuring tape
- Packed in an elegant bag
- Long learning curve
With 3 marbles, a game grid, towers, and 1 target piece, the game requires maximum levels of creativity and endless possibilities of gravity performance. Reaching the target piece can prove difficult as kids get better and better or simply closer to the complex gravity card challenged.
- Based on a unique concept
- Not complicated to comprehend
- Made with durable materials
- Suitable for adults as well
- Small marbles
For many kids, it might just be the first problem-solving game. It has a strong educational nature and kids can become better at it by solving the puzzles faster. Many kids can still suffer from literacy and the game can be one of the fun ways to have a better understanding of letters even before going to school.
- Made with durable cards
- Improves problem-solving skills
- Increases attention span
- Can be played with the parents
- Word selection can be more diverse
On a simple level, the eggs are only split into two halves and they need to be color matched. But kids also need to find the right way of coupling the halves as each color has a different number of fitting pins, which will test kids’ dexterity.
- Unique learning concept
- Improves basic skills as attention
- Included durable case
- Can be played with adults
- Only 12 eggs per set
As a result, there are different playing modes for kids to enjoy. Find it and what’s the word are just two modes of play the book offer. From teaching kids the pronunciation of words such as apples or bananas to teaching them about household items such as a sofa or curtains, the book covers basic words which are actually used by kids in everyday life.
- Made with different word categories
- Designed with 12 colored pages
- Included front speaker
- Based on everyday words
- Only suitable up to 4 years of age
Since it requires a lot of creativity, the toy game might not be the fastest type of game to complete. This is why it teaches kids basic skills such as patience and perseverance. Since these types of skills might be hard to match with video games, it might also be a healthier alternative to staring at screens for hours.
- Based on magnetic tiles
- Made with 56 pieces
- Included storage bag
- Made from durable ABS plastic
- Needs more pieces for tall structures
Made with 6 baseboards, batteries, variable resistor modules, microprocessors, LED lights, speakers, push buttons and other pieces, the set is impressive in its approach. It offers kids unlimited project possibilities. It is also part of STEAM electronics which combine games with educational objectives. With 31 jumper wires, kids can create their own projects or start practicing on those recommended by SmartLab. Since it actually requires minimum technical attention and basic circuit knowledge, the game is actually suitable for kids ages 8 and above.
- Offers endless circuit possibilities
- Comes with 31 jumper cables
- Includes a microprocessor module
- STEM-certified for learning
- Could use more child-friendly parts
One of the best parts about the board is that it can also be an educational traveling toy. It represents a design which needs no batteries and no plain paper for kids to continue drawing. Of course, they can also start practicing their writing skills as it is never too early to start learning the alphabet. With durable plastics, the board will last more than most kids need.
- Promotes proper creativity
- Doesn’t require kids to follow instructions
- Made with durable plastics
- Great for travel
- Limited level of drawing details
Inside the pack, children will discover shaking, tapping, blowing and beating instruments. They are suitable for a different type of music and for different moods as well. Of course, the way these instruments are actually used can differ from case to case. Kids will also find it difficult to have their eyes set on the right instrument unless they actually try all of them and see the type of sound and of music style they prefer. Parents are also encouraged to follow the kids natural inclination towards a type of instrument and even encourage them to play further.
- Includes 15 instruments
- Suitable for all ages
- Gift idea for boys and girls
- Stacked in a friendly backpack
- Not for professional use
Since the set is made from plastic parts, it is also one of the distinctly-recommended designs for added durability. It represents a suitable option for water cleaning when the parts get dirty. All of its elements remain clean and ready to use for a long period of time as a result.
A storage box is also shipped with the building toy set. All of the elements can be safely stored without actually needing too much space in the kids’ room. Furthermore, kids can store it next to the other smart IQ Builder toys.
- Made with unique plastic elements
- Enhances building creativity
- Intuitive to assemble
- Included storage box
- Ages 8 and above
Made with 8X lens magnification, the microscope is one of the top designs in its class. It comes with plenty of adjustabilities as well. For example, there are two focus rings for kids to operate, just as with professional microscopes. There are additional LED lights in the microscope as well. They enhance viewing capabilities and they represent a top addition for smaller details.
The microscope can be an inspired gift idea for kids of various ages. However, it is mainly one of the designs which are actually made for learning children and those into sciences. The microscope can also be a good introduction to scientific tools.
- Made with 8X magnification
- Designed with 2 focus rings
- Includes LED light
- Enhances scientific curiosity
- Plastic body construction
At the same time, the cube also comes with a function which plays all instruments together. Practically, the Magic Cube is an orchestra in the making. This educational toy teaches kids how to create 8 pieces of art attributed to Mozart. If parents are afraid the neighbors are not so much into classical music, they can rest assure the Magic Cube comes with a volume control rocker as well.
- Adds and subtracts instruments
- Made with an orchestra function
- Includes volume control
- Suitable for music skills
- Only suitable up to the age of 3
Its learning role is obvious. The toy is mainly made to make kids aware of spacing and shapes. It is why all kids should be able to recognize certain standard shapes after a short period of time. Since there are shapes on each side of the wooden cube, kids can even consider inserting all the shapes in their corresponding holes for added fun.
- Made from solid wood
- Enhances shape recognition
- Improves color recognition
- Designed with holes on each cube side
- Simplistic after a short while
A few figurines which can be built with the blocks includes vehicles, helicopters, cranes and other moving objects since wheels are included in the pack. All kids have the ability to create their own moving toys from the elements they consider to suit the needs of a vehicle best. There is a large plastic box which holds all of these blocks in place which can also teach kids to pick up after themselves.
- Designed with large pieces
- Over 100 pieces to build with
- Suitable for vehicles
- Improves imagination
- Doesn’t suit kids over the age of 6
There is a plastic stool which comes with the desk as well. Together, the set is one of the first steps the little ones can make in the direction of education. Furthermore, it represents one of the best steps to take for those who want to ensure kids are actually learning different skills.
From learning letters and words to improving drawing and hand-eye coordination, the desk is one of the affordable toys which have a strong educational base. Practically, the desk has a 3-in-1 design which ensures kids can enjoy different activities in the same place.
- Made to teach letters and drawing
- Improves patience
- Based on creative play
- Includes small plastic stool
- Only useful for small children
Kids can also learn basic math with the toy. Counting the number of bears which go in each plastic cup can be a good way of ensuring there are plenty of bears left to fill all the cups. At the same time, kids can start dividing the number of bears to the number of available cups for simple math skills.
Made with durable plastics, all the parts of the toys can actually be washed. This is why they are long lasting and they can be free from bacteria in the long term. With small 1” bears, kids are able to handle more pieces at the same time, also working against the clock for faster performance.
- Made with bears of different colors
- Includes various plastic cups
- Suitable for kids of all ages
- Teaches kids basic math skills
- Could use a storage bag
With a set of tools includes a saw and a hammer, kids can use the makeshift tools for play time. They develop motor skills and they even reduce their interest in the actual tools which can be harmful when used without supervision.
With an included high visibility vest, kids can get in the boost of a construction worker. The set even comes with a hard hat which teaches kids about the importance of safety on a construction site. Similar sets from the manufacturer are available with fire department tools or cooking tools and accessories.
- Ships with hand tool accessories
- Includes a hard hat
- Includes a hard hat
- Set raises awareness on tools safety
- Only suitable for toddlers
Suitable for kids as young as 18 months, the toy set is among the top designs to use at an early age. With peg-shaped pieces which are just about right when it comes to fitting their small hands, kids will be able to learn more about how to properly coordinate their movements. At the same time, they can start counting the plastic pieces to begin building their math skills.
- Made with durable materials
- Includes practical peg-shaped pieces
- Improves math skills
- Suitable for toddlers
- Can become repetitive after a certain age
Considered the only type of gaming system of its kind made for 3 to 8-year-olds, the LeapFrog design is recommended for active kids. While it can improve math skills, it certainly improves hand-eye coordination and balance of movements.
With 16Gb of internal memory, the console can handle different games as well. But most games are not actually included they need to be purchased separately. Pet Play World game is included and kids can start playing it straight away. The best part is that if it works for solo players, it also supports multiplayer modes for most games as well.
- Made for active playing
- Connects to any TV set
- Support a multi-player mode
- Works with new game releases
- Comes with a steep learning curve
The idea of the game is to match pieces of wood to corresponding pegs. Kids need to be able to recognize shapes and to also be able to coordinate their movements to place the wooden parts on the board. With different colors, kids also have the ability to learn how each color is named. Most importantly, this can be done on a daily basis until the child’s progress is obvious and until there is no more growth room.
The wooden toy is mostly made for solo play. Two or three kids playing together might not be the best scenario to mix and fit the wooden elements to the pegs without arguing. But the best part about the wooden set is that it can actually be borrowed to friends once kids have already mastered all of its secrets.
- Made with durable hardwood materials
- Combines different colors
- Uses various shapes and pegs
- Suitable for solo play
- Mainly made for toddlers
From a learning perspective, the set is perfect to improve imagination. Kids are not able to create anything with the blocks until they actually visualize what they want to create. At the same time, kids will also develop cognitive skills and the ability to see the blocks when they have assembled and space they will require.
Made from non-BPA plastic, the building blocks will be perfect for long-term use. They have already proven durable as many kids actually wash them with warm water to keep them clean. One of the new parents will be happy to hear is that the blocks also come in a storage bag to keep them organized around the house.
- Made with blocks of different colors
- Includes 120 blocks
- Develops cognitive skills
- Made from solid plastic
- Diminished block resistance with time
Kids can also learn basic counting simply by checking the number of buckles on each side of the backpack. But the most advantages are seen in hand-eye coordination since buckles are not exactly the simplest to operate for toddlers. Since the backpack comes in a colorful design, kids are still attracted to it and looking forward to the next play time.
- Made with side buckles
- Printed numbers on the shoulder straps
- Holds small toys
- Made with vivid colors
- Only made for toddlers
Based on old-school techniques of play, the activity kit actually copies the textures on the plates to a piece of paper using crayons. The best part is that girls can work on the final results and practice their drawing skills until the patterns on the plates are represented on the paper realistically.
The set is made with a foldable design. Girls can store it in a drawer or simply take the kit with them when traveling. Suitable for girls who love stylish outfits, an activity kit is a learning tool for kids looking to get to experience more from the world of fashion.
- Suitable for girls of all ages
- Includes 16 plates with outfits
- Includes crayons
- Designed in a folding kit
- Designed in a folding kit
One of the most popular items in the set is the binoculars. It can be used for bird watching and teaching kids more about outdoor animals. The flashlight can be used to explore the intricate details of the surrounding world, together with the magnifying glass. The basic compass is a classic learning tool. It teaches kids how to read directions properly.
- Packed with classic outdoor tools
- Suitable for boys and girls
- Pocket size designs
- Teaches kids basic orientation
- All items are made from plastic
With an included speaker, the robot also allows kids to stream their favorite music to match the dancing movement of the robot. The toy teaches kids how to pair Bluetooth devices, how to install and uninstall apps and how to stream music to a Bluetooth device.
- Made with a quirky design
- Suitable for tech fans
- Teaches kids about device connectivity
- Allows audiobook streaming
- Not the fastest charging time
Stimulating both the left and the right brain, the cube is among the interesting choices which are used by kids of all ages. Of course, it should not be gifted to toddlers due to its small piece construction. But at the same time, the cube can be used by kids looking to create figurines from small magnets.
- Made with quality magnets
- Allows unlimited shape creation
- Great for lowering stress
- Teaches kids patience
- Not to be used around metals
There are 50 pieces of the colorful wooden puzzle for kids to master. The good news is parents can rotate these puzzles so that kids will have to start thinking critically and finding the right letters for each new word.
- Made with solid wood
- Includes 50 wooden puzzles
- Includes color figures
- Develops vocabulary
- Only suitable for kids ages 4 to 6
Parents can find some of the best educational toys for kids to be both fun to use and informative. Kids can still relax and feel good while playing without actually sacrificing their learning abilities. With so many different types of games, kids can find the right time to learn and the right toy to enhance learning.
Some of these educational tools are modern interpretations of classic toys. This can be one of the reasons they are also considered quite durable. At the same time, the toys are also among the best when it comes to tangible learning results as parents can measure the progress their kids are making with each toy and what it has to offer.