There are very few activities that can bring joy as gliding down a snowy hill or mountain. Snow sleds, tubes, and saucers offer a greats way of giving both adults and children a great time on the snow. Highlighted below is a side by side review of the top 30 sleds that are bound to give your kids unlimited fun on the snow. Without further ado, let’s dig right into it!
- Top 30 Best Sleds for Kids 2021
- 1. Flexible Flyer Metal Snow Disc Saucer Sled
- 2. Flexible Flyer Baby Pull Sled
- 3. Best Choice Products 35in Kids Plastic Sport Tobagg Snow Sled
- 4. Lucky Bums Snow Kids Toboggan with Brakes
- 5. Flexible Flyer Baby Pull Sled. Wood Toddler to-Boggan
- 6. A- DUDU Snow Tube- Heavy Duty Inflatable Snow Tube
- 7. Emsco Group ESP 1055-2 Snow Caterpillar linkable Disc Sled
- 8. GeoSpace Original LED Ski Skooter
- 9. Flying Carpet Snow Sled, Winter Toboggan Outdoor Snow Sled
- 10. Slippery Racer Batman Downhill Pro Saucer Snow Sled, Black
- 11. Snow Sled Kids Winter Toboggan Sled, 33- inch Blue
- 12. Millside Industries Garden Wagon Sleigh
- 13. Slippery Racer Superman Downhill Pro Saucer Snow Sled, Blue
- 14. Best Choice Products Kids Snow Scooter Sledge Folding Sliding Ski
- 15. Wave Bandit Shred Sled Mini Surfboard, Neon Pink, 37 inch
- 16. Zipfy Freestyle Luge Snow Sled
- 17. Slippery Racer Buddy The Elf Downhill Pro Saucer Snow Sled, Green
- 18. Gymax Snow Sled, 35’’ Toboggan Boat Sledge Portable Rolling Snow Slider
- 19. Sled Legs Wearable Snow Sleds
- 20. Flexible Flyer Aurora Snow Sled
- 21. Mad River Rocket Snow Sled For Fun Carving Turns, Stopping, and Backcountry Adventuring
- 22. AIRHEAD SNO-BOGGAN Wood Sled
- 23. Flexible Flyer Metal Runner Sled. Steel & Wood Steering Snow Slider
- 24. Outdoor Wooden Pull Sleds for Kids
- 25. Unplugged Explorers 6 pc. Ultimate Snow Toys kit
- 26. Slippery Racer Downhill Sprinter Toboggan Snow Sled
- 27. Slippery Racer Airdual Inflatable Snow Tube Sled, Blue
- 28. AIRHEAD CYBER RYDER Foam Sled, 39"
- 29. POCO DIVO Snow Shuttle Kids Sled Winter Sports Toy Snowboard Plastic Toboggan
- 30. Sno-Storm 48" Snowboard Sled 2-Pack
- Bottom Line
Top 30 Best Sleds for Kids 2021
The Flexible Flyer is one of the best sleds in the market that will give your kid the time of their lives. It is uniquely shaped which means it is easier to turn and control when rolling down that snowy mountain.
The shape of the sled also makes it easy for storage since you just stack it up and stow it away. It is also compact which means it can fit into small spaces.
- The sleds unique shape makes it a lot of fun
- It is compact measuring 4 inches high thus can be easily stored
- It has a powdered base which enables it to glide downhill better
- It dents fast especially on rough terrain
The manufactures of this sled for toddlers have put a lot of consideration into the safety of your kid. The sled has a raised sled which supports the toddlers back. It also has a long tow rope which means you can either decide to pull your child at close quarters or put some distance between the two of you. It is stable because it has a wide base.
It is durable since it is made of polyethylene which does not crack in cold temperatures.
- Has a safety strap to hold your kid into position
- Has a wide base that makes it stable
- Does not crack in the cold weather
- It sinks in light snow
The sled can comfortably seat one kid and it is very comfortable. It has two handle bars which the kid uses to steady themselves when gliding downhill. The handle bars are also used to steer the sled into the direction that the child wants it to move. It also comes with a strong tow rope which you can use to pull the sled uphill.
The sled is made of very durable plastic which means it is lightweight and will last long. It is also compact.
- Made of plastic which makes it durable and lightweight
- It has a towing rope to pull it uphill
- Has handle bars at the sides which provide support and control
- They do not go fast on snow
The sled also has brakes which prevents your kids from going at dangerously high speeds which might put them in danger should they fall. The brakes are also used to steer the sled into the desired direction. Once you pull the brake, the sled will turn into that particular direction.
It also comes with a seat rest to support the child’s back. Additionally, it has anti- slip footrest which means that your child will remain secured properly during the ride.
- Made of high quality plastic which does not crack in the snow
- Has brakes used for slowing the sled and also steering it
- It has a seat rest to support the child’s back
- It is very small and flips easily
The sled is made from Hard Rock Marble and comes with runners and a bent backrest for added comfort. To avoid your child from getting all wet, the sled is raised which reduces contact between the kid and the snow. It comes with a wide base which is important in keeping the sled stable. The stability will prevent the sled from flipping over.
The sled comes fully assembled which means your kid can start to glide down the mountain as soon as you receive it. The marble hardwood is also durable and does not spoil due to the cold weather.
- Has a very unique design
- Every piece is handmade giving the sled a classic outlook
- Made of high quality material
- The wood is not sanded off properly thus it is a bit rough
It is made of high quality material which makes it very durable. It is made of PVC material which is not harmful in any way to the environment. It is very comfortable and can easily bear a weight of up to 500 pounds. The sled will not be damaged by the temperature since it can handle temperatures of minus 40 degrees centigrade.
It is extremely easy to inflate the tube and all you will need is a hairdryer or another source of high pressure air and you will be done in less than a minute.
- It is large and is therefore suitable for both kids and adults
- Made of high quality material
- You can inflate and deflate it very fast
- When it has a leak, it deflates very fast
It is also sturdy and can therefore withstand the freezing temperatures. The sled is a very good way of bringing family and friends together on some gliding escapades. It comes with a special mechanism where two or more sleds can be joined to form a long queue.
The mechanism is made in such a way that no disc will detach from the rest even at high speeds down the snow covered terrain.
- It has side handles that are designed such that your child can comfortably grip them without straining their wrists.
- It has a diamond polished bottom surface which makes it glide smoothly on snow.
- It is design enables it to move very fast and remain balanced even on high speeds.
- If driven through hard snow, it develops a hole very fast.
It comes with an adjustable handle therefore making it appropriate for kids of different ages. The handle bars also make it easy to steer and also helps in the balance. To keep your feet firmly on the deck, it has anti slip technology which ensures that your kid does not slip off while having fun.
It is made of durable material and its bottom base is smooth which enables it to glide smoothly on any surface.
- Has an adjustable handle
- The handle helps in steering and with balance
- Has a smooth base which helps it to glide smoothly on any surface
- The LED light is a small one
It is coated with a topping of powder which gives it the needed acceleration. Additionally, the sleds design enables you to steer it easily and you can stop it by simply dropping your heels on the ground.
It is made from high density polystyrene which is also UV resistant. This means that you do not have to worry about it cracking due to the low temperatures. It is also appropriate for children of different ages and adults as well.
- You can easily roll it up and carry it
- It is very compact and of high quality
- It is a great bargain for its price
- It comes with a variety of eight different colors
- It is not as thick thus not very sturdy
This sled is ahead of the pack with its outstanding design, durability and performance. It is very flexible which means that it can handle even rough terrain. The flexibility is important since the saucer can bend without breaking.
Its handles also come in handy as they will provide support for the kids as they gracefully glide downhill.
- The sled is coated with the Ice Vex cold resistant treatment which means that your child can enjoy themselves longer
- It has an outstanding design
- Its design makes it perform better
- It is long lasting
- Some come with the handle broken
The scooter is meant for only one kid and comes with a tow rope which makes it easy to pull uphill. It is the perfect sled for kids aged 3 to 15 years. The plastic material it is made of is very durable which means your kids will have a time of their lives for a long time
The manufactures offer a limited lifetime warranty on the product should you find it defected in either workmanship or the material.
- Has inbuilt handles which offer great support
- Has a tow rope to pull it uphill
- Comes with a warranty should you receive it defected
- It is small for kids aged 13 and above
The sled is constructed from high quality material (hard wood) which makes it durable and it will not crack under the extreme weather conditions. It has a long and sturdy handle which makes it easy to pull your kid on the snow.
For easier transportation, the handle folds in which makes the sled compact. It is perfect for kids above 3 years and has a weight capacity of 300lbs (136 kg).
- Made of durable material
- Has a long sturdy handle
- Easily convertible from a wagon to a sled
- Will crack if overloaded
This is one of the best disc sleds in the market. It has a sleek design which makes it stand out from the rest. It is made from high quality plastic which means that your kid will have fun for a long time.
It has a coating which makes it move smoothly and fast on the snow’s surface. The sled has built- in handles where your kid can steady themselves.
- Made of durable material
- It has a sleek design
- Has built- in handles
- It gets a hole when used on rough and hard snow
The snow scooter is designed in such a way that it can handle a lot since it is made from hardened plastic. It has handle bars which makes it easy for your child to control it while sliding downhill. The handle bar is foldable making the snow scooter compact thus easily storable.
It has anti slip foot rest which ensures that your kid will not fall off the scooter while gliding downhill.
- It has a foldable handle
- Has anti-slip foot rest
- Made of durable plastic material
- Might develop a bow in the middle which renders it immobile
The sled doubles up as a surfing board and can also be used as a skim and body board. This means that the kids can use the board not only on snow, but also on water. The board comes with a leash plug which makes it possible for you to attach a leash or rope to pull it up hill or guide your kid through snow.
It has a wrist leash which gives your child the required support. Its sleek bottom ensures that it glides smoothly through snow.
- Comes with a wrist leash
- Can be used as a sled and skate board
- Has a sleek design which makes it go fast on the snow
- Wrist leash might get entangled on the hand
This is one sled that will make every kid in the family very happy. It is appropriate for kids of all ages. It is very safe and you do not have to worry about kids injuring themselves as they have fun. It is easy to steer and all the kid has to do is turn in the direction that they want the sled to move.
It is has two tones of color which adds to its authenticity. It also has a handle which makes it easy to ride and a seat pad for added comfort.
- It is lightweight and compact
- Has a seat pad for added comfort
- It is safe and easy to steer
- They are not as fast
The sled is lightweight and therefore easy to carry on the car or uphill. It comes with the classic “The Elf” logo which gives it a particular authenticity and its design makes it stand out from the rest. It is made of high quality material which means it will last through many snow seasons.
It has a sleek coated plastic which makes it glide smoothly on ice. Due to the coating, it also moves at a high speed. For safety, it has inbuilt handles where your kids can steady themselves as they glide downhill.
- Has a unique design and “The Elf’ logo
- Coated which makes it go fast
- Has inbuilt handles
- Dents on rough snow
This is one of the best sleds in the market due to its design. Its bathtub design ensures that your kids can comfortably sit in it while they roll down that snowy terrain. It also comes with a tethered rope which makes it easy to pull the sled uphill or haul your kids through snow at a leisurely pace.
It is also large measuring 35 inches by 16.9 inches by 4.3 inches which means a child aged 3 to 10 years can comfortably fit in the sled.
- Has large enough room
- Its design makes it more comfortable
- Has a tethered rope
- Not as thick as some sleds in the same category
If your kid is an adrenaline junkie, then the Wearable Leg Snow Sleds are a perfect gift for them. They are easy to strap on as you start your decent down the hill. They are designed in such a way that you do not drug your toes. They have a ramp and as such, your toes act as the steering mechanism and you can also use them to slow down the sled.
For extra support and comfort, the sled has an interior made of padded foam. It is made of highly durable ABS plastic.
- Easy to strap on and carry
- Have a padded interior for more comfort
- Made of high quality ABS plastic
- The straps are not long enough
Apart from the padding providing comfort, it also acts as shock absorber thus offering a smooth ride to your kids. It is made of one inch polyethylene foam which is laminated between a crack resistant bottom and a very durable top layer.
It moves at super speeds downhill because of its waxed bottom. It is appropriate for kids 5 years and above.
- It is cushioned which makes it comfortable
- The padding acts as a shock absorber
- Glides fast on the snow and it does not crack
- The cushioning is not as comfortable
This award-winning sled has been featured in Ski Magazine, The New York Times, Yankee Magazine, ABC News, Popular Science, among others. The World Street Journal ranked it among the top 5 snow sleds. This makes the manufacturers a formidable authority in the field.
It has a patented design that is extremely unique. At its base are deep channels and grooves which make it much easier to handle in the snow. The design also allows for optimal control and flexible maneuverability which can be adopted into a wide range of free-sledding tricks.
- Made of durable material
- Is top quality and has a patented design
- Is an award-winning snow sled
- The knee-foam could be longer and thicker in order to effectively serve the bigger guys
The hardwood board is durable and guaranteed to give you a lengthy service. At the bottom, it is fitted with rails to aid in tracking. On both sides are molded handles used by the rider to secure a firm grip. In addition, there is a user manual with step-by-step usage instructions available for download. This allows the users to derive the greatest possible benefit from all the product’s properties.
- It is durable since it is made of a hardwood sled
- Its handles are molded to secure a firm grip
- The bottom is not rough or sticky making sliding in the snow easier
- Requires adult assistance
One can steer with their feet in a sited position, with their hands while lying down, or by pulling with a rope attached to the steering bar. The wooden and metal sled is durable because it is made of birch wood and runners of powder-coated steel.
It is also the most maneuverable and fastest sled on snow hills. The steel runners at the bottom enhance its mobility on snowy surfaces.
- Versatile steering options
- Can be used by kids as well as adults
- Is the fastest and most maneuverable sled
- Comes fully assembled
- May be prohibited in some public areas such as the Central Park, NYC.
It is not only fun to use but also durable enough to be optimally useful to your toddlers and babies. The wood is 100% oak while the metal parts are made of stainless steel hardware.
The red oak and stainless steel are built extraordinarily to give the sled a finish that appears like a classic piece of furniture. This improves the comfort as well.
- Made of durable material
- Has properties and functionality ideal for toddlers and babies
- Is handcrafted with optimal precision.
- Requires close adult supervision
With this kit, your little explorers can spend hours having fun enjoying home-made winter sports. The snow fort block maker and the snowball toy are among the winter sport favorites for kids mainly because they can actually take time to build the desired snow fort as well as the ammunition to defend the fort castle!
- Encourages exploration for the young minds
- Encourages physical fitness during winter with engaging outdoor activity
- Easy to find individual components
- Only useful on rare occasions when it is snowing heavily
Most sleds lose their usefulness as a result of cracking. However, this product is built with a flexible body that easily bends without breaking thus making it much more durable. In addition, it has a coating of Slippery Racer’s proprietary IceVex cold-resistant treatment to ensure that it operates optimally even when the temperatures get extremely cold.
You can purchase this product with an absolute peace of mind since it comes with a 1-Year factory warranty. It also comes with an additional pull rope used to haul back up the hill.
- Built with a slick coated flex plastic that enhances its durability
- Comes with a 1-Year factory warranty
- Has an extreme-cold resistant treatment
- Might require better aerodynamics
It can still be of great service even in extreme temperatures since it is coated with ice vex cold-resistant treatment made by Slippery Racer. This property gives it the capacity to withstand freezing temperatures. It also has 4 handle grips that are reinforced to provide support and stability to the 2 riders.
This is the perfect product for sledding enthusiasts, snow lovers, and hobbyists because it is built in top-notch quality, design, and performance. It is also made to withstand freezing temperatures as well as rugged terrains.
- Has a bigger capacity of 2 riders
- It is durable
- Is portable because of the inflatable snow tubes
- Can be pricked by sharp objects or surfaces when inflated
It has 2 molded plastic handles to help with the rider’s stability and firm grip especially when speeding downhill. The manufacturers are very helpful in the event that you require any kind of assistance using it or finding replacement for damaged or broken parts. For every purchase, they provide a users’ manual with clear instructions on how best to use it.
They also give a warranty upon request.
- The slick HDPE improves its comfort and speed
- Great customer service and support
- Offers great stability when speeding
- Requires a considerable level of skill
- Not so durable
IIt comes with the additional component of a pull rope that is attached to a handle. This allows you to pull the sled up the hill or on a walk. It is also built with high quality HDPE to help it withstand extreme weather, especially freezing conditions. As such, it can be used throughout the winter even when it gets too cold.
A warranty is provided by the manufacturers upon request.
- It is sturdy
- Does not have many separate parts requiring to be put together
- Easy to use and requires minimal supervision
- Requires icier conditions for optimal moving
Every snowboard comes with an additional tow rope plug with efficient handling properties such as a molded handle. In addition, they have an expanded polystyrene core that is further made strong by an in-built strengthening layer.
This product is very unique because it is designed with fun and enjoyment in mind by successful winter sports enthusiasts. The manufacturers also have many years of manufacturing experience which is depicted in the product’s perfect balance of performance and quality material.
- The deck contours give it an improved grip
- Made by winter sport enthusiasts with fun and enjoyment in mind
- It is sturdy
- Requires a certain level of expertise
Finding the right sled for optimal performance can be a very tricky affair. Luckily, we have analyzed some 30 sleds and highlighted their performance to make your purchasing decision easier. We believe that the information provided above will help you select the best sled for your kid.