Kids love their best flying toys. Unlike other toys, their interactive profile is what keeps the little ones entertained. As a result, there are many types of flying toys to consider for kids’ entertainment. Starting with helicopters or airplanes and continuing with UFOs or even kites, there are many inspiring designs to keep kids entertained for hours. Whether looking for an inspired birthday gift or simply browsing for a great flying toy, the following designs can be a good place to find an attention-grabbing release. A combination of indoor and outdoor toys can be found below.
- Top 30 Best Flying Toys 2021
- 1. Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter
- 2. Chuckit! Flying Squirrel
- 3. Rocket Copters - The Amazing Slingshot LED Helicopters
- 4. Syma S109G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro
- 5. Paw Patrol Skye’s High Flyin’ Copter
- 6. Activ Life Best Kid's Flying Rings
- 7. Force 1 Hand Operated Drones for Kids or Adults
- 8. Betheaces Flying Ball Toys
- 9. Air Hogs, Star Trek U.S.S Enterprise NCC
- 10. Force1 Flying Butterfly Drone Toys
- 11. Poplay Twisty Pull String Flying Saucers/Helicopters
- 12. Pala Perra RC Helicopter Infrared Induction Drone
- 13. Gmai Flying Butterfly
- 14. Holy Stone HS210 Mini Drone RC Nano Quadcopter
- 15. Bootaa 2 Pack Airplane Toy
- 16. Kidsthrill Finger Foam Toy Rockets
- 17. PGXT Parachute Toy
- 18. Yarmoshi Flying Dragon with Remote Control
- 19. A-Reiki Flying Disc
- 20. Rubber Chicken Slingshot Chicken
- 21. Kicko Flying Helicopter
- 22. The Colorful Life Fighter Plane Kite for Kids and Adults Kite
- 23. Revell B17G Flying Fortress 1:48 Scale
- 24. Space Pet 36" Green Dragon
- 25. Crazepony RC Airplane C-17 Transport EPP DIY Aircraft
- 26. Powerup 3.0, 2.0 Smartphone Controlled Paper Airplane
- 27. Tomi Kite – Huge Rainbow Kite
- 28. Yansion Helicopter Balloon
- 29. Polypropylene Pro Sports Boomerang
- 30. Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket Party Pack
- Final considerations
Top 30 Best Flying Toys 2021
There’s an included remote control with a heavy feel which means kids will control the helicopter easily. With protective measures such as auto switch-off whenever the helicopter hits an obstacle with the propeller, the helicopter becomes a top choice for minimum safety and maximum fun.
- Made with a lightweight profile
- Gyro technology adjusts the helicopter
- Charges at the laptop
- Made with flashing lights
- Might require a few practice drills
During the summer, the Squirrel can also be tossed in the water where dogs can fetch it as it floats and remains visible even from a distance. Made with lightweight materials, the toys are also not heavy for dogs to retrieve. Even smaller dogs can play with it. As a result, the toy can be a solution to keep around form puppy to the adult dog and kids can be part of their development over the years.
- High-visibility materials
- Can be washed in the washing machine
- Made with glow-in-the-dark decoration
- Suitable for families with dogs
- It requires practice to chuck far
The launchers are ready to travel 120 feet up in the air. As a result, they are best used in the backyard or even in other open spaces such as parks. Children can use all of the included helicopters of the set with their friends or parents. With 3 included launchers, they can go for a mesmerizing display which will illuminate the sky during the night.
- Includes 6 rocket copters
- Suitable for kids and adults
- Can be shared with friends
- Travel distance reaches 120 feet
- Mainly usable during the night
Mostly made for indoor use, the helicopter is made with double protection. Its role is to keep the helicopter safe whenever encountering a physical obstacle. With an infrared remote control, kids can eventually learn how to stay clear of all obstacles when flying.
- Inspired by military helicopters
- Flies using an infrared remote control
- Included gyroscope for stable flight
- Made from durable ABS plastic
- No lights on the helicopter
Including a helicopter and a figurine, it can also be an inspired gift idea for the kids who love to watch Paw Patrol on weekends. True fans of the series can collect all characters. They can work together with their friends to solve the next problems in the neighborhood, ensuring the bad guys don’t get away.
- Made from thick plastic
- Includes Paw Patrol characters
- Features a spinning propeller
- Rider, Everest, and Skye await to be collected
- Copter only fits one character
The rings can be a great toy to take to the beach, where kids can throw them around for hours. Visits to the park can also benefit from these amazing toys. At the same time, kids can take full advantage of the 33g low weight of the rings and start throwing them further and further. Being outside, burning calories and having lots of fun is certainly one of the successful recipes flying toys brands can hope for.
- Low weight at 33 grams
- Suitable for fun days at the beach
- Great for summer days in the park
- Allows parents and kids to play together
- Comes in packs of two
- Might not suit solo play
Before a bit of harmless fun indoors, kids will need to charge the drone a laptop. An estimated charge cycle for full batteries lasts about an hour. When the drone is fully charged, it can fly around the room and kids with their friends can chase it around to try and catch it.
- Made with a protective case
- Charges via USB ports
- Suitable for ages 4 and up
- No remote control operation
- Can require frequent charging
The flight pattern is simple and the toy will raise from the ground shortly after the command is given. In the beginning, the flying ball will remain at the same level for 3 seconds due to safety reasons. Suitable for up to 25 minutes of flying time on a single battery charge, the flying ball offers a simple alternative to complex helicopter flying.
- Made for indoor and outdoor use
- Includes flashing lights
- The air underneath the toy can be controlled
- Made with rechargeable batteries
- Only charges via USB means no charging in the park
Flying the spaceship is easy, although it requires some practice. However, kids who might already have some experience with flying helicopters will find it quite easy to maneuver. Due to its construction, the U.S.S. Enterprise should be mostly flown indoors as saving the planet outdoors might not be as easy on high winds.
- Operated by a remote control
- Requires minimum charging
- Safe when hitting walls
- Includes a USB charging cable
- Mainly made for indoor use
But the most interesting aspect about the drone is the fact that it comes with motion control. This is where it shows its true versatility and interactivity. The drone can easily fly from one direction to another simply by using hand gestures. Those seeking to get their little girls into technology can also consider it as a gift. With unique tips such as 360-degree flips, the flying toy is one of the most efficient designs for girls facing their first flying toy.
- Made with a butterfly design
- Suitable for flying tricks
- Made for little girls
- Powered by hand motions
- Not as fast as large drones
Simple pulling movements launch the helicopters in the air and kids have the freedom to simply see them for what they. Usable indoors and outdoors, the toys are fun for all ages. Parents are also glad to know that even if accidents happen indoors, the lightweight flying saucers can do no real damage to the home.
- Made with different colors
- Highly durable design
- A classic toy with mass appeal
- Suitable for boys and girls
- Maximum raise of 6 meters
As similar drones in this segment, it is also charged via USB. Kids have the freedom of actually making it into a top toy to play with every day only if it is fully charged. With an on/off switch, the flying drone offers a more distinct operation and even if it comes with a futuristic design, it can still take some time to maneuver properly.
- Made with elastic propellers
- Distinct drone design
- Included balance rods
- Made with built-in batteries
- Simple up and down flight only
Kids can also include the butterfly in any book they offer their friends or they can add it to birthday parties. This simple butterfly comes in different colors and it can be matched to the gift it is part of. With a length of only 4 inches, it easily fits most commercial birthday cards.
- Available in multiple colors
- Can be part of a larger gift
- Mainly used as a bookmark
- Inspired surprise in birthday cards
- Fragile materials
But most interestingly, the drone will fly for more than 20 minutes on a single battery charge. With its long fight time, the drone is easily a summertime hit. There’s an emergency stop function on the drone as well. In case it gets out of range, it allows the drone to shut down without the fear of losing it. With USB charging and extra propellers, it can offer long-term use for all users, mimicking a few professional features.
- Made with a durable construction
- Includes 4 extras propellers
- Charges via USB
- Flies more than 20 minutes at a time
- Mainly used at low speed by beginners
Since there are no hard materials or sharp edges on the plane, it is safe for all ages. Ideally, the plane is used outdoors in an open backyard. But it can also be a hit with family outings in the park. Since it has such a reduced weight, kids will need to ensure the plane doesn’t face any high winds for the smoothest glide.
- Sold in packs of two
- Made from lightweight foam
- Includes two flying modes
- Safe for all ages
- Needs good weather
Sold in packs of 12, the rockets are re-usable. This means kids can play with them over and over again. With enough rockets to get even the friends involved, the rockets represent a simple solution to rely on whenever the chance arises to spend time outdoors. Furthermore, kids also have the freedom to get their parents involved in a competition of fast rocket launching.
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Made with re-usable rockets
- Sold in packs of 12
- Safe to use due to foam materials
- No included LED lights
Kids immediately get the hang of how to launch the soldiers in the air. In their slow and controlled descent, kids can watch as soldiers prepare for a soft landing. With multiple soldiers in the pack, the toy is a recommended design for group fun.
- Simulates real parachute landings
- Includes multiple soldiers
- Recommended for outdoor use
- Improves playing creativity
- Might be boring for solo play
Most kids will find the maneuverability of the dragon toy to be very easy. There are only a few rockers to learn on the remote control and they have an immediate impact on the way kids handle the toy. With simple up, down, left and right controls, the dragon will fly around the house and outdoors with no interruptions.
- Made with a red dragon
- Flies using a remote control
- Based on gyro flight
- Charges from the remote control
- Only ages 6 and up
Kids can learn how to throw and how to catch the disk without too much effort. Parents allow the kids to play up to a good level of dexterity, mobility, and hand-eye coordination. This is why it can be fun to learn everything about the correct technique as kids will be able to throw the disc further and to catch it easier with some practice.
- Made with soft materials
- Designed with a large grip surface
- Available in different sizes
- Allows adults to play with children
- Not suitable for solo play
Using the slingshots is intuitive. The index finger is placed right underneath the chicken’s head and its tail is then pulled before being released into the air. Of course, the slingshots are best used outdoors where there are no mirrors, glasses, computers or any other fragile objects around as in the hose. Even of the slingshots get dirty, kids can still wash them with soap and water.
There are 10 slingshots in every set. Kids can use them to get a hang of how competitions are being held and they can ensure that all of their friends have at least one chicken to take part in the game. As with every slingshot, a few cautions need to be applied. Kids need to be told not to aim at vulnerable parts of the body. Being made with durable stretchy materials, the set can last for years being useful for kids in all seasons.
- Includes 10 slingshots
- Suitable for outdoor playtime
- The set has a short learning curve
- Available on yellow and red
- Not to be aimed at the body
Making a helicopter flight is not complicated. Kids can do so very simple as they are offered a triggering movement to get the helicopter up in the air. The faster the movement, the faster the helicopter raises into the air. With a realistic design, the helicopter will fly further with faster movements.
There are a few benefits to using such a toy. Apart from its hand-eye coordination, kids can learn more about timing, wind influence and even about planning the helicopter’s route. It is why a bit of imagination is needed to see how the helicopter will rise into the air. At the same time, practice sessions can be as long as needed as there is no battery life to worry about.
- Made for long hours of fun
- Based on pulling movements
- Includes a realistic helicopter
- Uses durable materials
- Long learning curve
Getting the plane up in the air is not easy at first. Kids need to learn the right technique and they need to catch the right wind for the plane to leave the ground. With a long line for added control, kids also have the ability to run and make the plane glide in the wind. Days at the beach and at the park can benefit from such a unique toy.
There are various other benefits of playing with the plane kite. For example, kids can remain active with high energy levels, unlike some other sit-down toys. They can spend more time with their parents as they learn the ropes of the kite and for most kids, it is also a good method of getting them to spend more time outdoors and less time in front of computers and gadgets.
- Suitable for outdoor fun
- Unique plane-shaped kite
- Long design at 58 inches
- Quickly assembly out of the pack
- Takes some time to master
With detailed gun turrets, kids will be able to learn more about fighter planes and their role in history. The fascinating toy also includes a detailed landing gear which kids can use to play whenever they want to practice take-off and landing. With a detailed cockpit, the plane has a more complete profile which can be a step up for kids who might be bored by the generic plastic plane alternatives.
Whenever not use for playtime, the plane can be considered for display. Kids can simply add it to their collection of realistic warplanes and other historic equipment. Used on occasion to recreate famous battles, the plane can also have an educational purpose.
- Made with a 1:48 scale
- Includes detailed turrets
- Designed with a landing gear
- Suitable for display
- Requires patience to assemble
Staying inflated for days, the balloon can certainly be a hit at parties as well as during playtime when friends come over. Parents can prepare the balloons and allow their kids to play with them through the house. Requiring minimum imagination, kids can simply use the balloon for a Game of Thrones inspired play time or they can simply add it as decoration to their favorite play spots around the house.
It doesn’t take too much effort to inflate the balloon. Kids can ensure they get all of their blowing power ready to inflate it themselves. With a daring design, the balloon is also a great ice breaker topic at most children-parents parties.
- Shaped as a dragon
- Inflates in seconds
- Stays inflated for days
- Used as a decoration for parties
- Only available on green
Once assembled, the airplane needs to be charged and prepare for take-off. On a full charge, the plane will stay up in the sky for up to 15 minutes. It allows kids of all ages to maneuver it left and right as well as to learn how to control its speed.
The plane is lightweight and it will be used on days with clear skies with no winds. Once assembled, the plane will remain assembled and kids will use it as any other remote control toy. With a short 40-minute charging time, it can be ready for its next flight in no time.
- Requires assembly on delivery
- Includes a USB charging cable
- Speed is easy to control
- Made from lightweight foam
- Requires patience on assembly
The kit includes a themed paper with famous Leonardo Da Vinci drawings. Once in place, the flying mechanism can be installed on the plane. Parents love the fact the planes can take a few hits and still fly strong, unlike many alternative plastic airplanes.
Combining technology and art, the plane manages to offer a distinct experience for kids used to complex designs. It goes to show even paper airplanes can be fun to play with. The creative process behind the concept was the result of a public fundraising campaign.
- Made from paper
- Features a small flight mechanism
- Available in Leonardo Da Vinci drawings
- Backed on Kickstarter
- Requires smartphone control installation
>Mastering the kite is not complicated once in the air, due to its large wings. However, kids will need a bit of patience in mastering their take-off. Made from quality materials, it will also remain resistant even when it hits the ground a few times. This means those who’ve not flown a kite before can also consider it as a great first purchase for learning purposes.
- Suitable for outdoor fun
- Made with colorful decoration
- Easy to store behind furniture
- Suitable for various wind speeds
- Requires assembly
The balloon offers an original concept for parties and summer days. With its fun concept, the flying balloon is among chosen flying toys for playing with friends. With its included propellers, the balloons can come with a distinct assembly which will test the patience kids have. At the same time, it will boost the imagination of the little ones as it does take a bit of practice to tie the best balloons.
- Based on a unique design
- Suitable for parties
- Boosts kids’ imagination
- Made from quality latex
- Requires assembly
Suitable for ages 10 and above, this fast boomerang is one of the simplest toys to have for outdoor fun. The unique design of the boomerang is what allows it to work in conditions others would fail. Even in high winds, the boomerang is still fast and it maintains its flight. Returning to the thrower, the boomerang represents a simple design which can fly high. With a range of more than 30 meters, the boomerang is simple to use and kids will be enticed to throw it further and further.
- Designed by a world champion
- Made with a wind-resistant shape
- Includes detailed instructions
- Comes with instructional videos
- Only for ages 10 and up
When it comes to safety, both kids and parents can rest assured that the actual rockets are made from foam. But even with this soft material, the rockets are still made to be used indoors. The toys have a large footprint and they need plenty of space to launch the rockets. Installing the kit in the backyard is probably best for extra fun.
Apart from offering an innovative toy, the kit is also suitable for extra shared experiences. It can be used at children’s parties and it can be used at family days at the park. No batteries are required to play and everyone ages 6 and above is invited to play.
- Designed for easy setup
- Can be used at parties
- Suitable for adults and children
- The award-winning design of Creative Child Magazine
- Only for ages 6 and up
Some of the best flying toys for kids are actually usable for years. By their nature, they encourage active play and for this reason, they remain real alternatives to computer games, gadgets and all types of sedentary activities.
Many flying toys involve the idea of playing with someone else, whether it is a parent, a brother, a sister or a friend. With improved communication, a new educational perspective and durability which is hard to match by other toys, flying toys are an inspired gift for most kids.