In order to choose the right toy for your 2-year-old girl, it is important for every parent to consider the developmental benefits of the toy to the child. The developmental needs of a 2-year-old include language and communication skills, motor skills, personal and social skills as well as cognitive skills. The best toys should foster development by encouraging these skills and enhancing them. However, finding such toys may be an uphill task given the vast number of toys marketed towards young girls.
- What to Look for When Buying Toys for Two-Year-Old Girls
- Top 30 Best Toys and Gift Ideas for 2 Year-Old-Girls in 2020
- 1. Best Overall Gift: VTech Touch and Learn Activity Desk Deluxe
- 2. Best Premium Gift: The Piki Piki Bike
- 3. Best Budget Gift: Little Cosmetics Pretend Makeup Signature Set
- 4. BRIO My First Railway Beginner Pack
- 5. Step 2 Best Chef’s Toy Kitchen Playset
- 6. Dress Up America Little Girl’s My First Purse
- 7. Disney Moana 14” Adventure Doll
- 8. Think Fun Roll & Play Game
- 9. Fox Print Princess Castle Play Tent w/ Glow in the Dark Stars
- 10. LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Set
- 11. HABA Rainbow Whirls Pegging Game
- 12. Little Tikes First Slide
- 13. B. Toys Hooty-Hoo Shape Sorter
- 14. Melissa & Doug Cutie Pie Butterfly Camp Chair
- 15. Moluk Bilibo Blue
- 16. Melissa & Doug Let's Play House Dust! Sweep! Mop! 6-Piece Pretend Play Set
- 17. Fisher-Price Loving Family Dollhouse
- 18. LeapFrog Shapes & Sharing Picnic Basket
- 19. BETTERLINE Finger Puppet Set (20-piece)
- 20. AquaDoodle Travel Doodle
- 21. VTech Little Apps Tablet
- 22. Fisher-Price Learn-to-Flush Potty
- 23. Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark Play Table
- 24. VTech Doc McStuffins Talk & Trace Clipboard
- 25. Green Toys Dump Truck
- 26. Melissa & Doug Wooden Building Blocks Set
- 27. Manhattan Toy Baby Stella
- 28. Fisher-Price Little People Surprise & Sounds Home
- 29. Step2 Playhouse Neat and Tidy Cottage
- 30. Play-Doh Burger Barbecue Toy
- Final Words
What to Look for When Buying Toys for Two-Year-Old Girls
At two years old, you can expect your daughter to cross several developmental milestones. By the time they reach their second birthday, she will just be beginning to run around and is likely developing the coordination required to carry larger and heavier objects. Around this time, you will also start to observe her mental capabilities improving by leaps and bounds. It’s important to buy toys for her that encourage this growth and prepares her for the next stage of development.
As science and technology become a bigger part of everyday life, it’s never too early to start your little girl on the path to a good STEM education. Combining the studies of science, technology, engineering, and math, there are all kinds of great toys that help teach concepts and inspire future exploration. The VTech Touch and Learn Activity Desk Deluxe is our favorite STEM toy for 2-year-old girls.
Toddlers are learning to move their bodies in fun new ways, and a ride-on toy is a great way to help them try out these new abilities while moving around in a fun new fashion. These toys offer benefits to balance as well as overall strength. Our favorite ride on toy for toddlers is The Piki Piki Bike.
At this stage, many little girls are fascinated by the clothing, jewelry, and makeup that they see their mothers and the other women in their life wearing. Dress-up toys are a great way for them to mimic what they see and learn about the world around them. Our favorite dress-up toy is the Dress Up America Little Girl’s My First Purse.
we have sampled the top 30 best toys and gift ideas for girls to enable you to choose the perfect gift. We have ensured that these toys are affordable, safe, and help develop skills that will serve them throughout their entire life.
Top 30 Best Toys and Gift Ideas for 2 Year-Old-Girls in 2020
1. Best Overall Gift: VTech Touch and Learn Activity Desk Deluxe
This is a cute interactive desk with five activity pages that your daughter can explore, and enjoy the engaging content. The desk comes with a small stool to sit on and the desk can be transformed into a chalkboard and an easel. It also has a storage space where the little girl can store her art supplies, so she can play as she discovers. There are also fun tunes and a toy telephone, so your kid will have fun playing pretend. Keep in mind that it runs through batteries pretty quick, and doesn’t come with any.
Along with the desk, you can get her expansion packs that include a curriculum that teaches how to draw various shapes, numbers, and letters, as well as a fun “When I Grow Up” game, all in LED display illustrations.
- Features various songs and melodies, activities and 100+ vocabulary words
- Convertible to a chalkboard
- Stool included
- Doesn’t come with batteries (uses 4AA batteries)
The Piki Piki Bike is a great first tricycle for girls to begin learning how to ride and improve their gross motor skills. Instead of peddles, girls push along the ground to get going as they learn how to coordinate their balance and steer. The bright pink color is perfect, and it looks like a motorcycle that’s just their size.
The wheels are made of hard plastic, which means the trike can be loud or feel more cumbersome than if they were rubber but this doesn’t stop the Piki Piki from being a fun way for girls to get moving on their first trike.
- Three wheels hold it up so she won’t tip over
- Improves balance and gross motor skills
- Cute motorcycle design
- Hard plastic wheels are loud and cumbersome
3. Best Budget Gift: Little Cosmetics Pretend Makeup Signature Set
If she loves watching you apply your makeup, get her this signature set and you can “apply” together. Because the makeup is pretend it doesn’t actually go on her skin, but she will still have fun playing with the brushes.
It’s a good way for her to exercise her imagination and creativity. It’s also mess-free because nothing really comes off and she gets all she needs to “apply” the various makeup plus a shatterproof mirror and a pretty cosmetic bag. The lipgloss is a bit tough to open, but that won’t stop her from having a great time with everything in the kit.
- Perfect for imaginary play
- Realistic design
- Opening the lipgloss can be difficult
Suitable for ages 18 months and up, the BRIO Railway starter pack is a gift your little girl will like. She will enjoy pushing the train either over or under the rainbow-colored suspension bridge while exploring the different layouts she could build. Made from FSC certified solid beech wood, the train pieces are safe and durable, but some of the plastic parts aren’t quite as nice.
This first set features an ascending wooden track for trains to go up and down, a colorful bridge, and a wagon that makes interesting noises. The set comes with one train, one rattle train car, four ramps, one tunnel, eight curves, two ascending tracks, and one connecting track. It has a bright green and red finish that will help improve hand-eye coordination.
- Top-notch quality that ensures durability
- Non-toxic beechwood
- Sparks creativity and imagination
- It’s colorful and attractive
- Some materials are made of plastic
This 25-piece kitchen playset is perfect for a 2-year-old girl, especially at this age, when they love to roleplay. Girls will enjoy pretending to cook on this kitchen set. It has an attractive design with a fresh color scheme that both the parents and little girls will love. This set will teach your little girl interactive and social skills by working in the kitchen.
The Best Chef kitchen features an electric stove burner with realistic cooking sounds and fun burner lights. The clicking knobs on the stovetop make it even more realistic. There is plenty of storage space that includes hooks for hanging utensils and cups, and a recycle bin. Your girl will love the working oven, refrigerator door, counter space, and a pass-through kitchen window.
There aren’t a ton of extra accessories, so if you want to really make your little girl’s day you might want to consider combining it with a set of pretend food.
- It is very sturdy and good quality.
- Great size with awesome features.
- Easy to assemble
- Not many bells and whistles
Dress Up America Little Girl’s My First Purse is an adorable pretend play purse set for little girls. If she loves carrying your purses around or just going through its contents to see what mom is carrying, get her this set, and she will love it. It comes with various accessories including car keys, a credit card, and toy lipstick to make her feel like a little lady.
The purse itself is perfectly sized for little hands, and the included flip phone has blinking buttons, and makes sounds when pressed—so be sure to get batteries, as they’re not included. Everything in the set is made from non-toxic materials.
- Well-made kids purse
- Comes with various accessories
- Non-toxic materials
- Batteries not included
Here is a high-quality doll that your little girl will love because who doesn’t like Moana? There is great attention to detail, and it looks so realistic. They will love the light-up heart because it looks so real and it comes with batteries, though they cannot be replaced.
The doll has all the accessories that Moana from the film wears, and they are of high-quality. She also has a wear and share hair clip that girls can “borrow” and wear. If you are taking your baby for an ocean adventure soon, get them this doll, and they will have the perfect company of the adventurous Moana.
- A very realistic Moana Doll
- Great attention to details
- The batteries cannot be replaced, so it’ll stop working eventually
This is a fun toy game for both the parents and the baby girl. It creates a fun way of bonding with her. Included is a large plush cube and 48 cards for hours and hours of fun and learning. It’s a very engaging and enjoyable game pack, and it also comes with a storage packet to store all the cards once you’re done playing—which you’ll want to do, because there are a lot of small parts for little kids to lose.
You will also get a parent’s guide to help you through if you have not used one before, but it’s very easy to learn even for the little one. With this game, your little one will develop their gross motor skills, play actively, and also boost their creativity.
- Easy to clean plush card
- Comes with a parent’s manual
- Comes with 48 game cards
- Durable cards
- Easy to lose small parts
With this princess castle play tent, girls can be imaginative and also very creative. This will be her own little space where she can role play and pretend. Outdoor trips will be more enjoyable with this glow-in-the-dark tent, and it’s very portable.
The shock-corded fiberglass poles are very sturdy so you won’t be worried about her safety when in there. And, the best part is that you won’t be assembling it or have to buy any extra accessories, as it comes ready for use. Cleaning it is a breeze, and all you need is a damp cloth and some soap. She can use it indoors or outdoors, though it takes up quite a bit of space, so most people will probably want to leave it outside the house.
- A perfect gift to enhance imagination and creativity
- Great private space for little girls
- Doesn’t tip over
- Glows in the dark
- Takes up a lot of space
All little girls love tea parties, and this set will spice everything up for them. The teapot features seven tea-time songs plus six magical colors, so it creates a really lively atmosphere.
It’s great for teaching your little one colors, matching, counting, manners, and much more. It’s a perfect toy for pretend play (it doesn’t actually hold any tea), and it’s also great for teaching children about sharing.
- Perfect for interacting and imagining
- Great design with two volumes
- Features various bright colors
- Has a light-up teapot
- Teapot can’t hold liquid
The game is made from German beechwood into colored rings and pegs. It is a game your little girl will enjoy. The game is brightly colored using multiple layers of water-based and solvent-free lacquers. This makes the surfaces resistant to wear and tear and safe for the child even if they put it in their mouth.
The child can stack the rings up the pegs or arrange them according to color combinations. Most will find its difficulty to be well-balanced, but it might be frustratingly difficult for some kids.
This game was the winner of several prestigious awards: Creative Child Magazine Game of the Year, Dr. Toy Best Vacation Products, and the National Parenting Seal of Approval in 2011. Children can enjoy hours of free play given that the colored rings and pegs offer a variety of plug-ins.
- It is high quality with excellent longevity and durability
- It is easy and interesting to play.
- It is safe with no need to worry about toxins.
- It offers hours of entertainment.
- Might be difficult for some kids
The Little Tikes First Slide is an excellent gift for your little kids since they love to slide. It is perfect, especially for young children. Its compact size allows it to be used both indoors and outdoors as long as the surface is soft. It’s not quite as much of a blast as a full-size playground slide, but little girls will love having a slide close to home.
It saves on storage space since it folds easily, and does not require any tools for assembly. The handrails simply snap into place. This slide promotes fitness, balance, and coordination.
- It is simple to put together and store
- It is sturdy so it won’t tip over
- The child can enjoy playing either outside or indoors
- Simple and easy for the toddler to climb up independently
- Not as exciting as a large slide
Toys Hooty-Hoo Shape Sorter is a fun puzzle toy that teaches beginning logic and reasoning and boosts fine motor skills. It features 3 different shaped blocks with cute owls on top that must be dropped in their corresponding holes on the puzzle. After they’re dropped, girls can watch them slide down the clear tubes and hear them make a fun “hoot” sound.
The owls on the blocks make it easier for small hands to grasp, and reaching for them improves hand-eye coordination.
The puzzle itself is made to roll across floors and little girls will love pushing it around a room. Girls may get frustrated when the owls sometimes get stuck in the tubes and require adult assistance to retrieve.
- Teaches problem-solving and logic
- Owls make a cute “hoot” sound as they are sorted
- The puzzle rolls across smooth surfaces
- Owls can become stuck and require an adult to remove
Girls love having little pieces of furniture that is just their size and the Melissa & Doug Butterfly Camp Chair is both cute and portable. It folds up into the perfect size for toting along to campsites, picnics, and even parades. When not in use it stows away in a small carrying bag.
Girls will like that they have their own cup-holder, but the small size means it can’t always hold average, adult-sized drinks or water bottles. Parents love that it’s safe and easy to wipe down and keep clean.
- Built-in cup holder
- Includes a storage bag
- Wipes down quickly
- Cup holder can only hold toddler-sized drinks
With this Bilibo, your little girl will enjoy both indoor and outdoor playing and as she comes up with different ways of playing with it, she will be more creative and imaginative. It is made of very sturdy and non-toxic polyethylene in various colors, so it’s suitable for use both indoors and outdoors. The lone drawback is the price—it’s not too much for what you get, but it’s not cheap.
- Offers timeless play concepts
- Very safe for babies
- Great design
- Very durable
- A bit pricey
This is a six-piece play set that gives kids all the housekeeping tools they need to keep spaces clean. The six pieces include a broom, mop, duster, dustpan, brush, and a storage stand. Sized perfectly for kids, the set is comfortable to use and easy to store by just hanging each from the sturdy cords onto the included stand for neat, compact storage.
This set encourages children to imagine and be creative, but they should be careful when doing it on hardwood floors: the bottom of the mop has been known to scrape flooring.
- Promotes great learning and child development
- High quality and durable
- It is well-organized
- The bottom of the mop has a screw that could damage hardwood floors
The Loving Family Dollhouse from Fisher-Price is an adorable 4 story house that keeps little girls occupied for hours in imaginative and role play. The house comes with 3 dolls, a Mom, Dad, and Baby and two pieces of furniture, a baby seat, and a sofa, and when not in use parts of the structure fold in to take up less space. Girls will love the working doorbell and moveable porch swing.
Extra furniture must be purchased separately, so it is a little expensive for what it includes. The detailed design work, like trim, molding, and art on the walls, gives the house a more realistic feel.
- Comes with 3 dolls
- Includes 2 pieces of furniture: baby seat and couch
- Working doorbell
- Complete furniture set sold separately
If your little girl loves pretend play, then this picnic basket will suit her perfectly. It features toys in various shapes and colors and is also great for teaching the sharing concept. It’s also great for helping her improve on her motor skills because she will be sorting, stacking, matching, filling, and emptying the basket.
Everything goes back in the basket once she is done playing and she can lift its lid to listen to some fun sound effects and music. The six food pieces are designed in various shapes and colors—but keep in mind that the cups have holes in the bottom, so you might make a mess if you try to use them.
- Perfect toy for boosting motor skills
- Very realistic picnic basket
- Features various shapes and colors
- Great for pretend play
- Batteries included
- Cups aren’t functional
Storytelling will be more fun with this finger puppet set. Included are 20 pieces of high-quality finger puppet plush toys that also make roleplaying more enjoyable. They’re small, so although they’re safe for most toddlers, babies should be supervised while they play. They spark your little one’s imagination as children have fun naming and “talking” to each member of the family and the various animals.
The set has a total of 14 animals, and it makes it very easy to introduce your little one to various animals and their names. The finger puppets also encourage imaginative play, they make great birthday party favors, and can also be used for teaching sign language or second languages.
- Includes 20 finger puppets (animals and family members)
- Easy to use as they all have long sheaths and a band to keep them secure on the finger
- Perfect for imaginative play
- Well-made and in different colors
- Babies must be supervised when using them, but they’re perfect for 2-year-olds and above
It’s at this age that little ones love doodling on just any surface if unsupervised. Thanks to this doodle mat, they can enjoy doodling, but not on your house walls, coach or car seats. It’s perfectly designed for mess-free doodling, and all you need is to add a little water, and they will enjoy using it.
It’s also very soft and portable and can be used even by younger or older kids for drawing. It would be nice if the mat’s back was hard, but kids still manage to draw on it fine. And, you can use it with any other Aquadoodle products, like pens and other accessories.
- Very sturdy though not hard
- Perfect for travels, restaurants, church, etc. to keep the baby busy
- Great for use as a lap-board when drawing
- Doesn’t have a hard backing, but it’s still very easy to use
This tablet toy for kids makes it easy to teach your child number order, letters, counting, and matching. It’s a great educational toy with twelve learning activities and has progressive learning levels, so they can continue using it as they grow. It also has a calendar, and a pretend camera and a piano. If anything, the number of apps might be a bit overwhelming—but most kids grow to love it over time.
It’s feature-packed to keep girls engaged in one compact toy. It’s also a very parent-friendly toy tablet as it features an automatic shut-off, saving the batteries when not in use plus the batteries are included for a demo, and volume control to set the most comfortable volume for both you and children.
- Has a backlit screen and you can change the color
- Many great educational features
- Suitable for 2-5-year olds as it features spelling and rhyming games as well
- Auto-shutoff and volume control features
- Has too many options which might be too much for a baby, but they learn how to navigate through each with time
Learning to use the potty is fun and whimsical with Fisher-Price’s Learn-to-Flush Potty. It’s designed to look like a friendly cartoon version of a grown-up potty and even has a handle to flush. When girls “flush” the potty it makes satisfying flushing sounds, sings songs, lights up, and even has a “twirling” water action which encourages healthy bathroom habits.
The flushing sounds of the Learn-to-Flush Potty can be randomly triggered on their own, which some families may find annoying. Girls will feel secure with the handles on the sides, and when they’re ready the top lifts off to be used as a regular potty seat on an adult toilet. Parents appreciate the removable, easy-clean bowl.
- Makes fun signals when flushed to encourage bathroom trips
- Removable top can be used as a potty seat on regular toilets
- Easy to clean
- Flush sounds and lights are sometimes triggered randomly which can be annoying
Little ones love playing with water, and when the weather is right, there is no harm in letting them have a little fun. This toy set makes water play more fun and also boosts babies’ motor skills because they get to play with the included fun characters. They will enjoy dropping the included balls down the spiral then watch them down to the water. They will also love filling up the included cup with water then pouring it into the funnel which powers the play table’s twin water wheel.
It’s fairly easy to assemble, but you’ll have to put it together for your kids. It’s a pretty fun toy set for any 2-year old, and it’s not only sturdy and stable but durable as well. Girls will also enjoy using the character balls as squirt balls for more outdoor water fun.
- Great toy to encourage outdoor play
- Can be used by multiple kids at one time
- Durable in outdoor weather
- Doesn’t come assembled
For boosting imagination and hand coordination, this is a perfect toy for a 2-year old. First, the size is right for little hands, and it features so much to capture their attention and keep them busy for a long time.
It’s also designed to teach the letters, writing skills, health topics, and numbers. She will love the magnetic drawing board as she can doodle on it as much as she wants, and you will be less worried about her doodling on your seats or walls.
One thing to love about this toy is that it has characters that engage and encourage as she plays and learns. This makes it more interesting, and she will enjoy using it more. It can even be enjoyed by kids aged between 2-5 years, so it will be useful for a long time.
Unfortunately, the volume isn’t adjustable, and parents might not like hearing the voice of Doc McStuffins as often as kids will.
- Great design for teaching letters and numbers
- Has just three tracing packs thus they won’t be all over the house
- Great drawing board
- It comes with stencils to enforce the baby’s ability to learn numbers and letters
- Has no volume control
Playing with this BPA-free dump truck will help improve their fine and gross motor skills while also keeping them active. The truck also features a dumper so the little girl can get a little creative while using it and it’s also a great way of boosting her imagination.
It’s also very durable and safe for use by babies. It is a bit smaller than you might expect, but we don’t anticipate little kids having a problem with that.
- Easily moves on various floors even carpets
- Has a dumper but no metal axels thus very safe
- Easy to use and clean
- Very sturdy and durable
- Might be a bit smaller than some people would expect
This set of 100 wooden building blocks will keep your little one entranced for hours. They come in four colors and nine different shapes so along with building, she will be learning colors and shapes. It’s a really nice toy to use with her as you can build various structures together and it also stirs up her imagination and creativity as she comes up with various designs.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with a storage container, so you’ll need to use something to keep the many pieces together.
- Includes 100 building blocks
- The blocks are in different color and shapes
- Totally safe for use by babies
- Doesn’t come with a container to store the blocks when not in use
Baby Stella from Manhattan Toy is a very cuddly baby doll with a cute embroidered belly button and toes. Your little girl will definitely love her softness and will love carrying her around and even cuddling with her.
The outfit is removable, so your girls will enjoy switching up her outfit and accessories, which helps to teach girls how to dress themselves and encourages independence. The doll also has a magnetic pacifier (though it’s a bit weak, so be careful!) and a removable diaper, making it great for role-playing.
- Ultra-soft and cuddly baby doll
- Well-designed for durability
- Easy to clean
- The magnet in the pacifier isn’t as strong and the pacifier can fall off
The Fisher-Price Little People Surprise & Sounds Home is a portable playhouse for kids, which teaches kids how to be kind neighbors and caring friends. It allows them to play out what happens in our households and neighborhoods. It unfortunately only comes in one color, so I hope you like pink!
It’s feature-packed to make it look like a real home, but the good thing is that everything fits inside perfectly so even when you want to take it with you all you do is grab the handle and off you go. Your little one will even be able to listen to the weather report, hear an alarm clock, flush the toilet, open the fridge, and more. With all these features, girls will be more creative and imaginative and have fun improving their fine motor skills.
- Everything fits inside and it also folds up.
- Very portable.
- Lovely sounds and special effects that make it very interactive.
- It is well-made and sturdy.
- The house only comes in pink.
The Neat and Tidy Cottage is a very realistic playhouse, and your daughter will love spending time in and around it playing pretend. It has most features that you’ll find in a real house such as a mailbox and a doorbell, a kitchen table, a built-in seat, stove, faucet, and more. The “Dutch” door works perfectly and also has shutters, so it feels like a real house. It is made of high-quality plastic material, and it’s spacious enough to host several kids at a time.
The design is also pretty open, and you can keep an eye on what the kids are doing in there without getting too close. It also has a molded-in floor with drain holes so there will be no standing water after the kids are done playing or when it rains—though you should still move it around fairly often, otherwise it might hurt the grass.
- Great design for a playhouse
- Holds up well even in windy areas
- Very realistic
- It might kill the lawn under it if left unmoved for a long time
Play-Doh Burger Barbecue Toy is a great toy set to stir up every 2-year-olds imaginations because it’s packed with various items to keep them busy as they explore. It’s perfect for creative role-playing and is fun for parents and girls to play with together.
Included in the set are basic tools, five Play-Doh packs, plates and cutlery, and even a grill clay mold to create a more realistic burger barbecue. You will enjoy watching your little one make hotdogs and hamburgers and serving you. It’s the perfect toy set for pretend play, aside from the fact that the containers are pretty small: but you can always buy more!
- Fairly realistic barbecue toy
- Can be used by both boys and girls
- Great for pretend play
- The Play-Doh containers are quite small, but you can replace them with bigger ones.
Hopefully, the list above helped you on tour search for the best toys and gift ideas for your favorite 2-year old girl. After extensive research and hundreds of products reviewed, we are confident that the list above has something for everyone. Thanks for reading, and make sure to come back next year and check out our list of the best toys and gifts for three-year-old girls!